If you recently Start a Blog on WordPress then you might start learning about WordPress but don’t worry it’s quite normal because we slowly learn and understand how things work. So, today I will teach you how to create a separate page for blog posts in WordPress.
Because by default, WordPress displays the blog posts on the homepage but what if, you want to create a custom homepage and looking for a way to displaying posts to a specific page in WordPress.
In this case, this guide will help you to do that, when I start learning about Blogging & SEO that time, I use Blogger but later when I switched to WordPress [Full Guide], I stuck how to run a blog on WordPress and how WordPress dashboard works.
So, I understand your situation, and let’s start the guide on how to customize a blog page in WordPress.
How to Create a Separate Page for Blog Posts in WordPress
Well, it’s not a rocket-science to have a separate page for a blog in WordPress, as WordPress allows you to put blog posts on a page in WordPress. So, without wasting any single time, let’s switch to step by step guide so you can learn and do your task on your WordPress blog.
If you just Create a Blog with WordPress than once you are ready with your WordPress dashboard then you need to follow a few steps, mentioned below:
- First, you need to create two pages in WordPress [Home & Blog].
- To do this, Go to Pages > Add New > Enter Home in Title > Press Publish Button.
- Now, Set Home Page as Landing Page so your home page can be separated from the blog page.
- Follow the Same Process to create a Blog Page & publish it but here you don’t need to change it to a landing page, keep it as it is.
You don’t need to add any content on these pages, first, we are setting up their placement on the website. Once you’ve created both pages, you need to follow the below steps.
- Go to Settings > Reading in the WordPress Admin Section.
- Under here, it is automatically set to Your Latest Posts but you to click on A Static Page (Select Below) and now choose Home Page [Home Page Created by You]
- Posts Page [Blog Page Created by You]
So this is the simplest and easiest process to understand how to create a separate page for blog posts in WordPress and now you can also do that by following this guide. If you still have any query then let me know in the comment section below and I will help you to fix your issue.
If you like this post, then please share it with your friends and family who just started a blog and want to learn about this procedure.
For More Information on This Topic: Click Here